Sunday, September 4, 2011

This Semester in College!!


College to me is a very exciting time to put your mind to your fullest potential, meet new friends and learn how to be independent. When I was accepted to Southern Connecticut State University I was very excited in starting my new chapter in my education. When I graduate I would like to be an elementary school teacher and I feel that Southern will prepare me very well to enter that profession. There is a club that caught my interest that is called Future Teachers at SCSU, which I plan to join. During orientation my group leader was apart of this club and she said that she loved going to the elementary school to help out in the classroom. This club is very similar to a club that I participated in high school. It was very rewarding to help younger students with their schoolwork and I look forward to helping students that are apart of the New Haven community. Another opportunity that I had was that I was a member of the Freshman Leadership Program, which started a week before school. At the retreat I met many new friends and learned a lot more about becoming a leader. I feel that this retreat will help me become a well-rounded Southern Owl and when I become a teacher after I graduate. As a freshman in college you have a lot more work than in high school and there are a lot more opportunities in choosing classes that interest you. I have to say in college you need to make sure you are focused on your schoolwork. There are a lot more temptations to go out with your friends but if you have homework to do make sure it is completed before going out. College life is also the time where you meet new people and form friendship that can last forever. Being a student at Southern everyone on campus seems very friendly and there are always people willing to help you. My goals for my classes this semester is to be more proactive when I am unsure of something, make sure that my professors know me by name and hopefully make the Dean’s List. I am glad and grateful that I can experience the college life at Southern! 


No comments:

Post a Comment